Our cluster consist of 6 Dell Power Edge R430 with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 processor (2,4GHz, 8 Cores) and 64GB RAM each node and a Dell Power Edge R330 Server with an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 (3.4GHz, 4 Cores). We are grateful to the School for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science for funding us this new machine.
|Melchior in boxes||Software Installation|
Network design: Guarded Beowulf cluster with full mesh gigabit network between the compute nodes and a single gigabit connection to the server node for each compute node.
- 96 cores: 6 nodes each with two Intel® Xeon® Octa Core E5-2630 v3 "Hashwell EP" processors running at 2.40 GHz
- 384 GB RAM: 64 GB per node
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processor E3-1230 v5 "Skylake" running with 3.40 GHz
- 8 GB ECC RAM
- 2x 1TB HDD (Raid 1)
- Fileserver (VM): 15 TB iSCSI Storage
- Storage: dedicated DELL PowerVault MD3000i 18 TB