New cluster just installed
We just got or new cluster consisting of 6 Dell Power Edge R430 with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 processor (2,4GHz, 8 Cores) and 64GB RAM each node and a Dell Power Edge R330 Server with an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5 (3.4GHz, 4 Cores). We welcome 100 cores to our team. We just installed them and started playing with them. We are grateful to the School for Electrical Engineering and Computer Science for funding us this new machine.
|Melchior in boxes||Software Installation|
Network design: Guarded Beowulf cluster with full mesh gigabit network between the compute nodes and a single gigabit connection to the server node for each compute node.
- 96 cores: 6 nodes each with two Intel® Xeon® Octa Core E5-2630 v3 "Hashwell EP" processors running at 2.40 GHz
- 384 GB RAM: 64 GB per node
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core Processor E3-1230 v5 "Skylake" running with 3.40 GHz
- 8 GB ECC RAM
- 2x 1TB HDD (Raid 1)
- Fileserver (VM): 15 TB iSCSI Storage
- Storage: dedicated DELL PowerVault MD3000i 18 TB